We are just a couple of weeks away from our Opening Night in San Francisco and US premiere of CLASH – Time to plan your visit to #AFF2016! Here’s the full schedule for San Francisco (Oct. 7-16), Los Angeles (Oct. 21-23), and San Diego (Oct. 27-30): fest.arabfilmfestival.org/2016
This year’s program at a glance:
– 59 Films, 21 countries represented
– 40% of the films are made by women
– Our first ever animations shorts program.
– The US Premiere of Clash by Mohamed Diab – the Egyptian entry to the 2017 Oscars
– As I Open My Eyes is the the official Tunisian entry to the 2017 Oscars
– 3000 Nights is the the official Jordanian entry to the 2017 Oscars
– Explore themes of: resettlement, war, identity, fertility, outdated traditions, occupation, resistance, revolution, nostalgia, queer identity, love, political corruption, religion.
The films are nuanced and deep, and stereotype shattering and will challenge any assumptions you had about the Arab world and the people
Get you tickets and passes today. #AFF2016 is already breaking records for number of submissions and Opening Night tickets sold, make it a record attendance as well!
Psst…we’ll be making a big announcement in San Francisco, on October 7th, see you soon!